Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Softer Side Of Red



WOmen who look better in the soft colour palettes often have a difficult time with finding the best red - we question, why the true bold reds over power us, yet make others look sophisticated and regal?  In my opinion, a soft, delicate red is more sophisticated and regal on a soft-dominant woman than a true red will ever be!  THe key is embracing the 'soft red'.  So what is the soft red?  Its definitely neutral in tone, usually doesn't seem 'red' at first glance and often has a subtle warm berry, cranberry, mulled wine or sheer soft burgundy description.  Here is a photo of the perfect red for a soft autumn woman - Chanel Bois Des Iles Lipstick (I'm using the soft autumn colour swatch to show how incredible the match really is) - a soft summer would look elegant in a shade just slightly cooler than this, leaning more towards a sheer soft burgundy (MAC's Sophisto is a great option):


Here is a makeup look I created using Bois Des Iles - I decided to also play around with the soft autumn blues to create a fun, yet elegant going out look:




I started this look with my favourite tinted moisturizer - St. Moritz from NARS.  I then used MAC NC 30 concealer, a bit of transluscent powder to finish - I used Bobbi Brown Tawny blush as a contour, Make Up For Ever #133 shadow/blush as a highlight (an amazing light salmon pink shade that is ideal as a highlight shade for soft dominant women).  I also used #133 as an eyeshadow base, applying MAC Sable from lid to crease, Prussian eyeliner (an amazing soft toned blue that reminds me of that striking light navy blue shade) and then smudged MAC's Coquette on the upper lashline only before finishing with mascara.  I applied MAC Melba blush on the cheeks and finished with a swipe of Bois Des Iles Lipstick by Chanel and Voila - you have an elegant, soft look with a perfect softer shade of Red!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you own Mac Charismatic lipstick? If so can you say if it's a soft or true or dark autumn shade? :)