Friday, July 6, 2012

Grayed-Plum Smokey Eye

SInce my last post about bohemian chic, I've been thinking about various ways of achieving that smokey eye that isn;t overdone, but is still very distinct with a romantic edge.  I started thinking about technique and colour and thought, why not try a greyed-plum smokey eye a la Katie Holmes.  Katie looks amazing in a greyed-plum shade!!!  I decided to keep everything else subtle:




I started with my basic face (tinted moisturizer - St. Moritz by NARS, MAC NC30 concealer and a little bronzer).  I then used PYW's Hot and Spicy as a contour shade on the cheeks, MAC Arena shadow as a highlight and GIngerly BLush.  For the eyes, I used Arena as a base, Soba on the lid into the crease and applied Phone Number eyeliner (all MAC).  I then used Bobbi Brown 'Black Plum' eyeshadow to smudge into the upper lashline until the grey really started to become a smokey-plum shade (it required a lot of smudging and blending and I used an angle brush - my favourite to create the smudged/smokey look).  I decided to do a more nude-pink lip to compliment the grey-plum tones - I used Soar lipliner by MAC with Bobbi Brown 'Bellini' lipgloss.  I think that the next time I do this look, I will go for an even more nude type lip to really let the eyes be the focal point of the look!!!


No comments: