Saturday, July 14, 2012

Coffee Eyeliner by MAC

For the longest time Teddy eyeliner by MAC was my go-to stand-by eyeliner.  I still love it, but if you're looking for an eyeliner that is more intense and slightly deeper than Teddy, please check out Coffee eyeliner the next time you're at MAC.  Just like the name suggests, this eyeliner is a deep espresso-like brown.  It blends very well with other shadows, which I love, since I very often smudge an eyeshadow shade into the liner on my upper lash-line.  I wanted to create a softer-look, but using Coffee to add depth and drama to the eyes, here is the look I came up with:


I started with my 'go-to' basic face, which is St. Moritz tinted moisturizer by NARS, MAC NC 30 concealer, a touch of translusent powder, Bobbi Brown Tawny Blush to contour.  I then mixed Make Up For Ever #10 and #133 shadows to create a unique golden-salmon highlight shade.  I decided to apply MAC's Blushbaby blush to finish my basic face.  For the eyes, I used #133 - Make Up For Ever shadow as a base shade, Soba by MAC mixed with Coquette on the lid into the crease, Coffee eyeliner (top/bottom lashliner) and NARS Bengali to smudge into the liner of the upper lashline.  I decided to for-go the lipstick in this photo as I wanted to show how naturally pigmented they are - the natural shade actually matches the salmon-pink colour of the scarf I'm wearing - how cool is that?

I love how this look has both a very natural quality and sultry depth - I love a classic defined eye and Coffee eyeliner is the perfect way to achieve this look!

1 comment:

Dolce Cattiva said...

Hey Renata,

I love Coffee liner also. Use it in your upper water line to make upper lashes look thicker and fuller. I love Teddy also! :) Lucia