Thursday, May 10, 2012

Elegant Cool Shades of Plum and Violet

I've been really missing wearing my plum shades.  Today I decided to create a look centred around these shades.  There are a lot of great plum/berry lip shades - some of my favourites are: MAC Craving, Rebel (for a deeper, darker plum-red look), Laura Mercier Plum Wine and NARS Shrinigar, just to name a few.  For this look I've decided to pair Laura Mercier's Plum WIne lipstick with her Violet Orchid blush - I absolutely love this combination - it looks so sophisticated for day!




For this look I started with my basic face - primer, foundation, concealer and powder.  I then used Laura Mercier's Violet Orchid on the cheeks and added a sheer light pink highlight shade.  I used Bobbi Brown's navajo eyeshadow as a base, adding cement to the lid into the crease and Too Faced 'lap dance' shadow into the crease.  I liner my upper lashline with Cliniques brown-black liner and smudged Bobbi Brown's mahogany into the upper lash line.  I used MAC"s smolder on the lower lashline before adding a coat of black mascara.  I finished the look with Laura Mercier's Plum Wine lipstick!


2 comments:

Rachel said...

I know this comment is late, but you look absolutely stunning in this look! Like a True Winter! :)

Renata said...

Thank you so much Rachel!!!