Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fanfare Lipstick by MAC

One of my favourite things in the world is coming across a colour that is both pretty and unique.  Fanfare fits this description perfectly - its not quite a coral and not quite a pink.  Its not too soft and light, but its also not too deep or bright - its actually the perfect 'complex' colour.  I tried Fanfare on its own and loved it.  I then decided to pair it with my favourite 'spice' liner by MAC to give it just a bit of of a neutral edge, without altering the colour too much.  The result - the perfect warm-toned pink.  The MAC website describes Fanfare as a 'mid tone yellow pink'.  I describe it as the perfect unique neutral-warm pink!!! 



A lot of the makeup I'm wearing in this photo was applied in my makeup class.  However, the eyeshadow I'm wearing is almost identical to MAC's woodwinked with a deeper bronze shade in the crease and smudged into the lower lashline as well.  I'm also wearing black mascara and a medium toned brown shadow on my brows.  After trying on Fanfare, I decided to play around with some blushes and ended up applying Stila's 'self adjusting coral' blush - this is such a cool blush as it reacts to your natural PH levels and 'morphs' into a colour that suits your skintone!!!  I lightly applied Spice by MAC before filling in my lips with fanfare - I have to say I absolutely LOVE this makeup!!!  I could definitely see myself adopting this look as my everyday day wear look - it feels so fresh and pretty for daytime!!!

No comments: