Monday, January 2, 2012

Cognac Inspired Makeup - Part 2

Since my recent admiration for the warm cognac makeup shades - I decided to go through my makeup bag and see what other warm shades I could find to compliment this look.  I really liked the lipcolour I had on in the previous post, but I wanted something even more 'cognac' inspired - perhaps even something leaning into a warm amber bronze shade.  I never considered Make Up For Ever #17 lipstick (even though its one of my favourite colours) because I thought it was too shimmery and gold-like.  However, once I paired it with Cork lip-liner I was excited to discover, this is exactly the colour I'm looking for to achieve this warm golden cognac look.  I did my makeup 'exactly' the same way as my previous post - the only difference being the change in my lip-colour:




I am very happy with these colours for creating a warm cognac/amber inspired look.  I love the level of warmth and richness of the colours and its a look that works for both a day or evening event.  I find it looks soft, elegant and romantic with a hint of drama as well.  For day, I would stick with a neutral palette for clothes - perhaps bronze and brown tones with added hints of camel or warm cream beige.  For evening, I think this would look amazing with extra cognac/amber inspired tones, even going into the true metallic gold, copper and bronze shades.  I have to say that this look will probably become a favourite for me - possibly even a 'signature' look - just to re-cap on the makeup:

I started with my basic face: W5 foundation (Loreal), Bobbi Brown warm beige concealer, MAC's Refined Golden Bronzer.  I then used Make Up For Ever #70 blush with MAC's Gold Deposit as a pop of colour.  For my eyes, I only made one small change from the previous post - I started with Silent Night as a base shade, used Soba from the lid into the crease (I omited using Woodwinked in the crease, since I wanted the golden undertones to take centre stage on the lips vs the eyes).  I lined my eyes with Laura Mercier's Brown-Copper eyeliner and smudged the upper lash-line with Galapagos shadow, finishing with a coat of Brown-Black mascara by Loreal Voluminous.  For the lips, I used Cork lipliner with Make Up For Ever #17 lipstick (this lipstick has Holy-Grail status in my makeup bag)!!!  If you're looking for a #17 dupe, try MAC's Bronze Shimmer - it seems to be a close match!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this golden shimmery look is very beautiful on you, a great evening make up.